Saturday, July 25, 2009

Campfire Socks

Camping brings back great childhood memories. My family always camped every summer. Sometimes we took longer trips like to Yellowstone Park and then other times shorter trips to Mackinaw or Higgins Lake. Now we've carried on the camping tradition with our kids.

Our most recent trip was to a campground where the kid's favorite thing was the big jumping pillow. They jumped all day. Tim and I tried it but it was very disorienting and not like a trampoline at all. Oh well, the kids had fun on it anyway.



I think my favorite part of camping is the campfire. The kids try to roast their marshmallows to perfection but usually end up starting them on fire. I started these socks on a recent camping trip and a good part of them was knit by the campfire. The pattern is the garter rib socks from the Sensational Knitted Socks book.




While our camping is done for this summer, the sock knitting continues. The next pattern I'm gearing up for is the Glynis socks from Cookie A.'s Sock Innovations book. The cool part is I actually know someone with that unusual name.

No comments:

Post a Comment